« My new new web radio station | Main | Google's Schmidt talks »

April 28, 2003

Wireless Electricity

In my ongoing quest to find an interesting investment in the alternative energy space, I came across this thread: <a href="http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/04/27/1428227&tid=134">Slashdot | Wireless Electricity Set to Power Village</a> Mostly the complaints about beaming energy using microwaves are around the potential detrimental health effects. I have seen another company doing something on a much shorter range (like a couple feet) but forgot the URL. It was basically an invisable powercord. Powercords are not hard enough to find to fix the short range problem.
But power to mobile devices is a HUGE problem. The main thing holding back mobility is power. Now the question is really around does battery life get long enough to be useful before someone figures out how to deliver power wirelessly?

Posted by Martin at April 28, 2003 6:49 PM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

My company can provide wireless electricity transmission over long distances, without medical side effects. This in not a magnetic transmission. Any further questions feel free to contact me at the above listed email address.

Thanks,

Joshua

Posted by: Joshua at November 26, 2003 4:14 PM

hi, im realy interested in wireless electricity transsmition. i would like te get as much info you have about it.
i would apreciate a promt response, thank you.
ivo mondragon ratkovich

Posted by: ivo at December 26, 2003 12:18 PM

Well, I don't have much information. The previous comment guy has a company doing something with transmitting electricity through Pulse waves. I don't know anything more than that. I am still searching.

Posted by: martin at December 29, 2003 1:39 PM

I need to ask, is it posssible to provide to the wireless equipment with wireless electricity, and doesn't need more to use outlet.....
like in the Wireless LAN equipment..
thanks

Posted by: Eng.Nashi at June 20, 2004 9:30 PM

I am really intrested in know more about the Wireless electricity .
i did a small reasearch my self. so wanted to know more recent developments .

Posted by: Nemesis Author Profile Page at July 22, 2005 3:42 AM